My thanks to all who shared their time and talent with us. Our sessions were smooth and such a joy and I have you to thank for that success.
Fondly, Julia Flores
* Frenchie Davis will be playing Nell.
* ALL ACTORS HIRED MUST BE LOCAL LA HIRES.
* Ken Page is directing and will be flying in so our
Director session will be on May 9th and Producer Callbacks the following
day (May 10th). This means everyone is ideally available both days and
that turn around is going to be quick (doable, but quick).
* Please DO NOT LEARN MUSIC/SONGS FROM YOUTUBE VIDEOS. It will not match up with the sheet music that will be played for you at the auditions.
* SEE BELOW FOR CHARACTER NOTES...
* The cast will all be equity. This does not mean that we wouldn't consider non equity actors; however, you would need to join (or be granted some sort of concession) to be hired.
* The priority for us is vocals and personality; this comes first and then we factor in movement/dance skills. The tap is basic (shim shams and shuffles). No worries for now. Dancing will not happen until the final callbacks on 5/10.
DATES AND CONTRACT:
DATES: First rehearsal: On or about Tuesday, August 29
Performances at La Mirada Theatre: Friday, September
15 - Sunday, October 8, 2017
CONTRACT: COST contract. Equity
- $815 weekly
PERFORMANCE AND REHEARSAL SCHEDULES:
Rehearsals: Typically Tuesday through Sunday, from 11am to 7pm
are Wednesday and Thursday night
(7:30pm), Friday 8pm, Saturday 2pm and 8pm and Sunday matinee (2pm)
clear any/all conflicts with casting via email info@Florescasting.com
before you submit your video or confirm your audition.
you have read through all details here, please confirm via email Kelley@Florescasting.com
Appointments should be confirmed at
least 3 business days prior to your audition.
Please bring your picture and resume with you to your
audition, even if you think that we may already have one. Thank you!
AUDITION MATERIAL/WHAT TO PREPARE:
SCORE AND LIBRETTO: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gbfp5q1ah8qhrcb/AACnHTCR0JTi0cjGNr3l32Cja?dl=0
Ladies and Gentlemen: - Please bring your music book in as well. - Please DO NOT LEARN MUSIC/SONGS FROM YOUTUBE
VIDEOS. It will not match up with the sheet music that will be played
for you at the auditions.
GENERAL NOTES: Please do your homework and keep in mind the style and essence of the show when singing. Nothing modern or pop about this.
Please learn the actual sheet music from the score in the Dropbox folder Do not listen to Youtube recordings...they are not the same.
Use the lyrics as text otherwise it's just a cabaret park and bark.
For the ladies: We may just ask to hear 32 bars of the following, but you should be prepared to sing the whole song.
For the men: We will most likely just ask to
hear 32 bars of the following, but you may want to be prepared to sing
the whole song just in case.
The tap for the ladies is basic (shim shams and shuffles). No worries for now. Dancing will not happen until the final callbacks on 5/10.
ARMELIA: * SQUEEZE ME * THAT AIN'T RIGHT
CHARLAINE: * KEEPIN' OUT MISCHEIF
ANDRE - * VIPER SONG * TAIN'T NOBODYS BIZNESS
KEN * HONEYSUCKLE ROSE ( the top of the number) * SONG OF YOUR CHOICE
VIDEO AUDITION 411:
* You must be able to be a local LA hire to be considered for the show. No housing and no travel.
* Instead of just a "stand and sing" POV, it would be helpful to see some choreo within the song(s) as well. Something in keeping with the essence of the style of the show.
* Armelia and Charlaine will be tapping in the show, so a few shim shams and shuffles would be great to include. Tap shoes are not necessary, but if you have them...use them please.
over all details above (contract, dates, etc.) before submitting a video.
email videos using the following services: Youtube, Dropbox, Vimeo.
* YOU MUST
email your picture and resume along with your video link. Please do not make us
have to email you for this...
* We will
only accept videos with the requested audition material.
info@Florescasting with any additional questions.
ARMELIA: 30-45. African American. Strong
character actress. Natural ladylike quality. Movement and some tap required.
VOCAL -Strong voice a must. Low alto to high soprano range.
CHARLAINE: 25-30. African American. Character
ingenue. Energetic, flirtatious. Physical comedy and strong dance with tap a
must. VOCAL -Good character singing voice- mid to high alto range.
ANDRE: 30-40. African American. Character Leading
Man. "Ladies Man" High style, natural, easy sexuality. Strong dance
ability a must. VOCAL - Good character singing voice. Middle to low baritone
KEN: 30-45. African American. Character Leading
Man. "Big Daddy". Engaging. Must be a strong actor with excellent
comedic ability. Must move well. VOCAL - Strong singing voice. Low Baritone to
high Tenor range.