8/21 UPDATE: Please see below for updated page numbers and script information.
Below are all of the details that you will need for your "End of the Rainbow" audition.
Please be sure to look over all the details below and confirm your audition only if you are available for all dates listed and can commit to the contract as outlined below.
Looking forward to diving into this one!
My best and many thanks, Julia Flores
* Michael Mathews will be directing.
* The role of Judy Garland has been cast.
* The role of Anthony has been cast.
* Audition invites for our session on 8/28 will start
to go out as of 8/14. If you do not recieve an invitation, we strongly
encourage you to come to our Equity required audition on 8/28. The
Equity EPA will be in the first part of the day and our initial auditions will begin immediately following that.
* Please do not send submissions until after August 7th
* Auditions will begin on August 28th. There will be an Equity required audition as well as a preliminary audition.
* Director session will be on September 6th and Callbacks will be on September 18th.
* All actors must be local LA hires. There is no budget for housing and travel.
* Video auditions will be accepted from all who can be local LA hires. Please check back for more information as it becomes available.
* There are no non-equity hires for this production; however, we will see non equity actors for the role of ACTOR (see breakdown below).
* Rehearsal week schedule
will be amended for the man playing ACTOR (Interviewer/Porter/ASM). It may be shortened by as much as two days or hours required to be present will be amended.
Equity COST contract. $815 per week (rehearsals and performance weeks)
**There are no non equity contracts for this production**
* Rehearsal week is TBD but will most likely be Tuesday thru Sunday, 11am to 7pm * We have a 6-show performance week. * Wednesday and Thursday night 7:30pm, Friday 8pm, Saturday 2pm & 8pm, Sunday 2pm.
NOTE: Rehearsal week schedule
will be amended for the man playing ACTOR (Interviewer/Porter/ASM). It
could be shortened by as much as two days or hours required to be
present will be amended.
AUDITION DATES/LOCATIONS/WHO WILL BE THERE:
PLEASE BE SURE TO NOTE THE DIFFERENT AUDITION LOCATIONS FOR EACH SESSION.
* AUGUST 28th: PRELIMINARY AUDITION - Location: Rehearsal hall (15519 Phoebe Avenue in La Mirada) - Auditions are by invitation only and will begin after 2pm
Who Will Be There: Julia Flores (Casting Director) Kelley Dorney (Casting Assistant/Reader)
* SEPTEMBER 6th: DIRECTOR SESSION - Location: La Mirada Theatre 14900 La Mirada Boulevard in La Mirada. - Auditions are by invitation only.
Who Will Be There: Michael Matthews (Director) Julia Flores (Casting Director) Kelley Dorney (Casting Assistant/Reader)
* SEPTEMBER 18th: PRODUCER CALLBACK - Location: Rehearsal Hall (15519 Phoebe Avenue in La Mirada) - Auditions are by invitation only.
Who Will Be There: Tom McCoy and Cathy Rigby: Producers BT McNicholl: Producer Michael Matthews (Director) Julia Flores (Casting Director) Kelley Dorney (Casting Assistant/Reader)
Please confirm no less than 3 business days prior to your audition. Email Kelley@Florescasting.com
*SCRIPT was emailed with audition invite.
**UPDATED 8/21. PLEASE NOTE: The page numbers you can see as you scroll from the top. You will see the page numbers above the actual text (in the tool bar area). Its a PDF so it will say "87 of 102" for example.
START PG. 28 "Can someone please explain to me what is going on?" END PG. 30 "Just drive around until you smell gravy..."
START PG. 80 "We could bury her, Mickey." END PG. 82 "Fine,"
As INTERVIEWER: -Standard British dialect- START PG. 45 "Its such a pleasure...." END PG. 47 "You invited me to dinner..."
As ASM: -Yorkshire accent- START PG. 86 "Oh my goodness..." END PG. 87 "I think he escaped form somewhere."
Please bring your picture and resume with you to your audition.
VIDEO AUDITION 411:
* You must be able to be a local LA hire to be considered for the show. No housing and no travel.
over all details above (contract, dates, etc.) before submitting a video.
email videos using the following services: Youtube, Dropbox, Vimeo.
* YOU MUST
email your picture and resume along with your video link. Please do not make us
have to email you for this...
* We will
only accept videos with the requested audition material.
All other roles cast
last husband to Judy Garland. Her manager and former club owner.
Handsome, charming and can be imposing physically. There is a
lovely, caring, and charming side of him and at the same time he can be
physically imposing and combative, dark and somewhat dangerous. He gives
off the appearance of being caring yet also has a very dark, selfish side.
ACTOR: (ONE MALE ACTOR WILL PLAYRADIO
to all ethnicities. Strong character actor playing 3 different roles. All
requiring different British dialects. Looking for solid character actor who can
make strong choices with cameo parts. Actor must have good comedic timing
and instinct. Rehearsal week schedule
will be amended.